My husband always teases me for being a bit of a nut when it comes to the holidays, I just love to make a big deal out of them! Christmas and Easter are my two favorites, so as we head in to spring I’m already planning how to dye the eggs and fill the Easter baskets! Because we’re trying to raise our kids in a Christ centered home, we want Easter to be about pointing our kids to the redeeming work of Jesus on the cross while still letting them partake in fun elements of the season. So, while eggs and baskets aren’t part of the Christian narrative, we still enjoy getting creative with eggs and gifts!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience!
- Rain for Roots: Big Stories for Little Ones- Catchy music with great lyrics, this is the type of cd that you won’t mind your preschooler playing on repeat all day!
- The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name- Our favorite children’s bible, sound theology made understandable for kids.
- Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book- A fun, modern coloring book with drawing prompts that inspire creativity!
- Simply Art Watercolor Crayons, 8-Count- Why not give a new art material for your kids to explore! We’re planning a few activities to try these out soon!
- Safari Ltd Zoo Babies TOOB- We love the Safari toobs for our sensory bins, and these zoo babies just make me think of spring!
- Plus-Plus 600-Piece Neon Assortment- Toys that encourage STEM skills are always a hit with me, these puzzle like pieces allow for some awesome 3D creations!
- Glow-in-the-dark; CLEAR- Cosmo Beads(tm) Water Balls; 10g pack- I love giving sensory materials as gifts, kids will love these glowing water beads!
- Prism Stowaway Delta Kite (Spectrum)- Does anything say spring more than a kite, buy one or make your own like we did!
- Ice Cream Truck Pull Back Car- My son is obsessed with cars, this ice cream truck just puts me in the mood for warm weather sweets!
- Sculpey III Polymer Clay Color Sampler, Multicolor- There are so many things you can make with polymer clay, give kids the gift of an open ended toy to get creative with!
I hope you find something fun among these suggestions, for more fun Easter ideas, be sure to follow my Pinterest board!
Follow Brigette @ Life Lesson Plans’s board Holiday: Easter on Pinterest.